Helping Link/Mot Dau Noi is seeking volunteers to serve as Adult ESL instructors for teaching instruction of basic English language fluency.
- Be available during class hours to successfully teach and inspire students
- Work with a cohort of other instructors to develop and discuss lesson plans to ensure materials follow state and community standards and are practical for students’ daily lives
- Prepare for and instruct the ESL class to maximize student success and ensure student confidence in speaking English
- Oversee and organize all learning and testing materials and track student progress reports for the end of the quarter
- Be engaging, inspiring, imaginative, passionate and friendly
*Note: Resources and materials will be readily available.
- Commit a minimum of 4 hours per week during class times for instruction
- Strong passion in working with a diverse and limited English speaking group of students
- High communication and people skills - both verbal and written - to work with students and teaching assistant(s)
- Be engaging and interactive to create a light and pleasant atmosphere for students to learn in
- Make a direct impact on the lives of immigrants and refugees to improve their lives
- Hands-on experience teaching students English
- Develop and build upon fundamental teaching and educational skills such as communication, adaptability, engagement, innovation/imagination and confidence
- Support a community-led grassroots organization to improve the lives of those in the Vietnamese community in the King County Region