85 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Helping Link-Mot Dau Noi
Please visit the new page to apply.
85 people are interested
Helping Link/Mot Dau Noi is seeking volunteers to serve as Adult ESL instructors for teaching instruction of basic English language fluency.
- Be available during class hours to successfully teach and inspire students
- Work with a cohort of other instructors to develop and discuss lesson plans to ensure materials follow state and community standards and are practical for students’ daily lives
- Prepare for and instruct the ESL class to maximize student success and ensure student confidence in speaking English
- Oversee and organize all learning and testing materials and track student progress reports for the end of the quarter
- Be engaging, inspiring, imaginative, passionate and friendly
*Note: Resources and materials will be readily available.
- Commit a minimum of 4 hours per week during class times for instruction
- Strong passion in working with a diverse and limited English speaking group of students
- High communication and people skills - both verbal and written - to work with students and teaching assistant(s)
- Be engaging and interactive to create a light and pleasant atmosphere for students to learn in
- Helping Link use Microsoft Teams and MS Teams extensively, so it is extremely important to be familiar with it, or to be willing to use YouTube to learn how to use it on your own.
- Make a direct impact on the lives of immigrants and refugees to improve their lives
- Hands-on experience teaching students English
- Develop and build upon fundamental teaching and educational skills such as communication, adaptability, engagement, innovation/imagination and confidence
- Support a community-led grassroots organization to improve the lives of those in the Vietnamese community in the King County Region
About Helping Link-Mot Dau Noi
1032 S. Jackson St. Suite C, Seattle, WA 98104, US
To empower Vietnamese-Americans’ social adjustment, family stability, and self-sufficiency while nurturing community service and youth leaders.
Helping Link has been serving the Vietnamese-American immigrant community for twenty-five years. We provide English language, citizenship, and computer education classes for adults and seniors; job-site language training; information and referral services for our most vulnerable; and cultural events for the community. Our programs are offered in a bilingual context and in a supportive, family-friendly atmosphere.
Directly apply on our website here: https://www.helpinglink.org/volunteer-application-form/
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 28, 2022
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Adult Education
- Reading / Writing
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Tues./Thurs. evenings, 6:00-8:00pm
- 3-6 month commitment