Organization and Mission:
The Guardian Review Program (GRP) was established to assist the Probate Court with monitoring the quality of care for the people who have been placed under guardianship and/or conservatorship. The program reduces the potential for the abuse of vulnerable elderly and disabled wards, educating fiduciaries about their responsibilities as guardians and conservators, and increasing the community's awareness of the guardianship system and the problems faced by incapacitated persons.
Court Visitors conduct in-person visits with those under guardianship while maintaining a monthly case load. Visits are conducted in effort to reduce the potential for neglect and abuse of vulnerable and incapacitated adults under Maricopa County Superior Court’s jurisdiction.
- Maintain a monthly case load, dependent upon hours needed
- Review relevant case information provided within the case assignment
- Contact guardians and conduct face-to-face visits with wards of the court
- Complete and submit case reports with findings
- Notify the GRP staff of any problems, concerns, and issues
- Complete mileage forms for reimbursement
- Interest or experience in Criminal Justice, Nonprofit, Administration, Social Services, Psychology, Communication, or related field.
- Excellent customer service skills, positive attitude, and friendly demeanor.
- Well-developed communication and time management skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Ability to work independently and learn quickly.
- Ability to pass a background check
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
- Mental Health
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Case Work / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- No Time Commitment
- Objective, perceptive, good writing skills.