Join a team of people who are truly passionate about providing hope and encouragement to the homeless youth of our community.
As the Director of Marketing, you will have the opportunity to manage the brand for the StandUp For Kids Seattle Chapter and create and develop programs that will have a great impact in helping homeless and street youth in Seattle.
Having the ability to see things at a 30,000 foot view--as well as close-up--will enable you to work with a Marketing Team to strategize and implement exciting events, a chapter communications program, an effective social networking plan and to introduce new ideas and bring them to fruition.
Creativity, leadership skills, innovative ideas and previous experience in marketing or degree program-related experience will be winning components of this position. Truly, the possibilities are endless if you know how to build, energize and mobilize your team. You’ll work closely with the Leadership Team and chapter volunteers to support programs and events and lend your best ideas to helping the Chapter reach and exceed goals!
Goals of the Marketing Director (and Marketing Team)
- Define marketing goals and strategies
- Develop a marketing and PR plan
- Create marketing materials, brochures, flyers, handouts, posters
- Write articles and/or press releases
- Coordinate marketing events and support Chapter-wide events
- Write articles for National newsletter
- Coordinate/manage Seattle Chapter pages of website
- Manage social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, blog)
- Evaluate marketing effectiveness
- Participate in leadership meetings
- Recruit and build Marketing Team as needed (with help of Director of Volunteers)
- Create presentations for various community groups
What you bring
- Sincere desire to help homeless and street kids
- Ability to take charge and work with minimum direction
- Superior verbal, written, organizational and planning skills
- Bandwidth for 6-10 hours per week to dedicate to Marketing Goals
- At least one year commitment to the organization
- Attend outreach training course
- Background Check required - $15.00 fee
- Three Character References
- Purchase of a StandUp T-Shirt - $5.00, or StandUp Hoodie $20.00 (hats also available)
For more info about this volunteer opportunity please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and check out our national website at www.standupforkids.org/seattle. StandUp For Kids Seattle is on Facebook at StandUp For Kids (Seattle) and Twitter at @SUFK_Seattle!
- Public Relations
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours a week