Community Response Advocates provide immediate, face-to-face crisis intervention, safety planning, support, information and referrals to victims of domestic abuse at DAIS and other various community partnership locations. Community response services are available 12 hours a day 7, days a week.
Additionally, Community Response Advocates have the option to provide phone counseling, support, safety planning, information and referrals via the Help Line when not meeting with victims in person. Help Line services are available to victims and survivors of domestic abuse, their family, friends, other service providers, and the general public 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Must be able to work at least 1 shift per week for a minimum of 1.5 years. 4 hour shifts are available every day from 9am - 9pm. A 26-hour New Advocate Training is required prior to starting this position with an additional 6-hour community response training and an optional 8-hour Help Line specific training. Ongoing training and support through quarterly in-services and mandatory monthly volunteer meetings.
New Advocate Training dates are:
- Saturday, February 4 th - 9:00am-5:00pm
- Tuesday, February 7 th - 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday, February 8 th - 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday, February 9 th - 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 14 th - 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday, February 15 th - 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday, February 16 th - 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Saturday, February 18th - 9:00am-1:00pm
- Saturday, February 25th - 9:00am-1:00pm
- Crisis Intervention
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Crisis Counseling
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Safety & Disaster Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours/week
- 1 monthly meeting
- Overnight Help Line Advocate
- Community Outreach Specialist
- Help Line Advocate: Provide the...
- Publicity and Design Volunteer:
- Service Projects & Event Support
- Web Design Volunteer
- Children's Advocate: Work with...
- Donation Volunteer: Support the...
- Event Planning: Work with a team...
- Community Response Advocate:...
- Security Operations Advocate
- Bartending for a good cause!...