Children’s Advocates provide children affected by domestic abuse with opportunities to engage in positive activities in a safe, structured environment. Children’s Advocates work with children of various ages, ability levels, and backgrounds who are either current residents of the shelter or whose parents are attending a support group. As DAIS staff, Children’s Advocates must adhere to confidentiality and Children’s Program policies and procedures, and the agency’s Code of Ethics.
All of our volunteers are required to attend a 26-hour New Advocate Training in February, and in order to most effectively serve our clients, we ask that you commit to a minimum of 18 months.
The next New Advocate Training dates are:
- Saturday, February 4 th - 9:00am-5:00pm
- Tuesday, February 7 th - 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday, February 8 th - 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday, February 9 th - 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Tuesday, February 14 th - 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday, February 15 th - 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday, February 16 th - 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Saturday, February 18th - 1:00pm-4:00pm
- Child Care
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 1/2 hours/week
- one monthly meeting
- Overnight Help Line Advocate
- Community Outreach Specialist
- Help Line Advocate: Provide the...
- Publicity and Design Volunteer:
- Service Projects & Event Support
- Web Design Volunteer
- Children's Advocate: Work with...
- Donation Volunteer: Support the...
- Event Planning: Work with a team...
- Community Response Advocate:...
- Security Operations Advocate