Veterans for Veterans-Hospice Companion
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
34 people are interested
Through our Veterans Companion Program, Veterans will have the unique ability to support other Veterans who are terminally ill.
Heartland Hospice Volunteers help to personalize, support and enhance the quality of life of those we visit. Bringing the gift of friendship to our patients through regular visits, these volunteers offer...
- Companionship by just being there with the patient and offering to talk or assist with non-medical tasks
- Emotional Support through listening, sharing experiences & stories, allowing for expression of feelings and offering words of comfort
- Respite Support by staying with the patient while the caregiver enjoys a moment alone to run errands, make appointments or simply take time to care for themselves.
We recognize that Veterans share a special bond. The goal of our Veterans Program is to match Veteran patients with a hospice trained Veteran who may have a similar background.
All patient visitation volunteers receive training regarding the philosophy of hospice, the role of the volunteer and other staff members, as well as, helpful skills in caring for and communicating with hospice patients and their families. Volunteers in our Veterans Program also receive additional training focused on a Veteran's specific needs.
Volunteer hours are flexible and scheduled according to your availability.
We'll work with your schedule.
2801 Crosswoods DriveSuite 2000Madison, WI 53718
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Veteran Care
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Spiritual Healing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 1/2 hour per month