Attention Phoenix area TEENS! Do you:
- Want to help out in your community?
- Love kids?
- Enjoy being creative?
- Need service hours for school?
- Have time during the Summer and Fall?
If you are at least 14 years old and answered YES to these questions, we'd love to have you as a volunteer at the i.d.e.a. Museum!
i.d.e.a. is a children's art museum located in downtown Mesa and we are always looking for more helpers in our galleries and during our programs and events. No previous experience is required and training will be provided. Volunteer opportunities are available throughout the school year, and additional help is always needed during school breaks when the museum gets extra busy, such as fall break.
To become a volunteer:
- Step 1 - sign up for and attend an orientation
- Step 2 - create your volunteer account
- Step 3 - sign up for and attend training
Plan to attend one of the following volunteer orientation sessions. All orientations are at the i.d.e.a. Museum. Sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday August 5, 10-11am
- Saturday August 19, 10-11am
- Saturday September 2, 10-11am
- Saturday September 16, 10-11am
Training: This training is required of all middle school and high school volunteers and is in addition to the volunteer orientation. It provides volunteers with additional tools to handle a variety of situations at the museum. We will review expectations, various scenarios, and other useful information in this 2 hour training. *This training counts toward your volunteer hours.*
Upcoming Teen Volunteer Training dates:
- Sunday August 13, 1-3pm. RSVP here:
- Saturday September 9, 10am-12pm. RSVP Here:
For more information, please contact:
Museum Education Assistant
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- At least 4 hours per month (preferred)
- Willingness to learn