Come join the elders at The New Jewish Home to assist with some weekly exercise programs. Volunteers will escort elders to & from the program and join in for the exercise groups.
Mondays - "Total Body Workout" - 10:15-12:15
Thursdays - "Adapted Yoga"- 1:45-3:15
Wednesdays - "Afternoon Exercise"- 1:45-3:30
Saturdays - "Afternoon Exercise" 4:00-5:30
Sundays- "Afternoon Exercise" 4:00-5:30
Other exercise programs thoughout the week occur a smaller scale if you are intersted in faciltating or assisting with exercise at another time - Monday-Friday from 10:30 - 12:30pm and 2:30-5:00pm
Please apply online at the following link:
Please be sure to mention Volunteer Match & exercise in your application.
If you have any questions - Please contact Jessica at JSinovoi@jewishhome.org or 212-870-4940
- People Skills
- Fitness Instruction
- Elder care
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly commitment
- MMR & TB ClearanceFlu ShotBackground CheckOrientation
- Help seniors attend Religious...
- Exercise at The New Jewish Home
- Recreation Assistant at The New...
- Special Events Assistant
- Librarian at The New Jewish Home
- Help elders attend recreation...
- Facilitate a class at The New...
- Pharmacy Assistant at The New...
- Friendly Visitor at The New...
- Manicurist at The New Jewish Home
- Weekend Volunteer at the New...
- Catholic/Protestant Worship...
- Knitting, Crocheting,Beading...
- Volunteen - Youth Volunteer at...