NorthPoint sponsors a free outdoor market in the summer and fall approximately every other Friday 7:30am-12:30pm. Volunteers assist our staff distributing free produce, bread and more to our community members. It is a great way to spend a morning outdoors serving families with good food and our community partners promote their programs and services as well.
We are in need of 25 volunteer for the following Fridays in 2018:
June 1, 15, 29
July 6, 20
Aug 3, 17, 31
Sept 7, 21
Youth 14-15 years old can volunteer when accompanied by an adult. Youth 16-17 years old can volunteer independently with prior parent/guardian approval.
Volunteers must be able to lift 15 pounds.
We are also looking for a volunteer with experience with taking blood pressure screenings to help us on these dates 8am-12pm.
If you are interested in Nutrition Education, we also have a Cooking Demonstration opportunity for you too on these dates 8am-12pm.
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- One 5 hour session
- Can lift up to 15 pounds
- Community Health Outreach...
- Fare For All Assistants for Food...
- Project Life/Group Violence...
- Mobile Food Shelf Volunteer...
- Grocery Shopping Volunteer (with...
- Volunteer Resources - Outreach...
- Food Shelf Data Entry & Customer...
- Health Screening for Hmong,...
- Computer Lab Coach
- Client and Family Services...
- Hospitality Greeter Volunteer
- Children's Book Shelf Reader
- Food Shelf Assistant
- Gardening Volunteer
- May is Mental Health Awareness...
- Produce Distribution Outdoor...
- Nutrition Education Volunteer