132 people are interested
Want to provide compassionate care in your community? Become a Hospice Patient Care Volunteer!
ORGANIZATION: Holy Cross Home Care and Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
132 people are interested
Serving hospice and palliative-care patients and their families in Prince George's County, Montgomery County and Howard County.
Patient Care Volunteers are assign to visit hospice patients in their own home, hospital or skilled nursing facilities providing companionship/respite care. Volunteers will support patients by friendly home visits, writing notes, making phone calls, reading aloud, conversation, playing music or running errands.
Volunteers must be 18 years old or older. We require an orientation and training, background check, TB screen and flu shot, all of which are provided by Holy Cross Hospice at no cost to you.
** Our agency is following the CDC social distancing guidelines, click here to learn more.
More opportunities with Holy Cross Home Care and Hospice
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Holy Cross Home Care and Hospice
10720 Columbia Pike, Second Floor, Silver Spring, MD 20901, US
We, Holy Cross Home Care and Hospice, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities. Holy Cross Hospice's community-based services emphasize the importance of maintaining patients in their home environment, whether in their home, assisted living facility, a group home or a nursing home. We serve patients in Montgomery, Prince George's and Howard Counties.
Holy Cross Hospice first opened in 1967 and has a long history of service. It is state-licensed, CHAP accredited and was the first Medicare certified hospice in Montgomery County, MD. The Holy Cross Hospice interdisciplinary team works with patients, their families and physicians to create a plan of terminal illness support and end-of-life palliative care tailored to each person’s individual needs, including:
- Skilled Nursing: Registered nurses and licensed practical nurses assess, evaluate and provide care to patients with a variety of conditions.
- Social Work: Medical social workers provide planning, counseling and support for patients and families to help them deal with social, emotional, financial and practical issues.
- Personal Assistance: Certified nursing assistants provide assistance with daily activities.
- Spiritual Support: Spiritual Care representatives provide end-of-life spiritual support to the patient and families of all religious affiliations.
- General Support: Volunteers work with the team to provide practical assistance, respite and support to patients and families.
- Bereavement Support: Grief counseling for adults and children is available to those who've lost a loved one in our Hospice program.
10720 Columbia PikeSilver Spring, MD 20901
July 5, 2022
- Elder care
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Patient Care
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 month commitment; Flexible with your schedule
- Volunteers provide their own transportation