TITLE: Garden Maintenance Assistant
REPORTS TO: Garden Manager
SUMMARY: This volunteer position is vital to keeping the Garden looking its best year-round. Volunteer hours can be discussed with the Garden Manager as needs may vary by month. We would appreciate a commitment of at least one day per month for 3-4 hours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sweeping the courtyard and pavilion
- Wiping down wooden banisters and benches
- Watering plants by hand or turning on sprinklers
- Identifying and/or fixing items which need minor repairs
- Touch up painting as requested
- Picking up litter on the grounds
- Maintaining a safe and accessible Garden site (including ensuring gravel pathways are free of obstructions and raking out any ruts)
- Occasional use of power equipment, such as weed eater
- Respond to visitors’ questions as needed
- Ability to work independently using basic guidelines from Garden Manager
- Attention to detail
- Experience performing home or facility repairs preferred
- Ability to lift and/or move 15 pounds
- High level of integrity and responsibility
Location and office hours: The office is located at the north side of South Seattle Community College at 6000 16 th Avenue SW, 98106. The office is open from 1pm to 5pm Tuesday through Friday.
The Seattle Chinese Garden Society is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment