TITLE: Garden Assistant (Volunteer)
REPORTS TO: Garden Manager
SUMMARY: This volunteer position is vital to keeping the Garden looking its best year-round. Volunteer hours & responsibilities can be discussed with Garden Manager as needs vary by the season. Garden Assistant will also use check-list for recording activities as completed. We would like volunteers to commit to a minimum of one day per month for 3-4 hours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Thinning bamboo
- Care for penjing/bonsai plants
- Perform on-site horticulture research such as measuring, observation of growth, data reporting, etc.
- Facilitating the research of needed materials from nurseries
- Responding to visitors’ questions as needed
- Occasional use of power equipment, such as weed eater
- Ability to work independently using basic guidelines from Garden Manager
- Basic understanding of garden care
- High level of integrity and responsibility
- Bring your own boots, gloves and favorite tools
TO APPLY: Please visit our website at www.seattlechinesegarden.org and click on the volunteering link to fill out the on-line form. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Location and office hours: The office is located at the north side of South Seattle Community College at 6000 16 th Avenue SW, 98106. The office is open from 1 pm to 5pm Tuesday through Friday.
The Seattle Chinese Garden Society is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment