The adults who receive our services are often experiencing the effects of living in poverty and deal with previously being incarcerated, being previously homeless, or come from other disadvantageous situations. Many of these people are struggling to jump through the hoops that governmental programs have put in place to make them prove they are worthy of help.
At Trusted Mentors we have a program that doesn’t force them to prove they are worthy; instead we accept them for who they are and look forward to helping them achieve who they can be. Here you will have the flexibility to work with these people by providing them with a voice of reason that is non-judgmental, empathetic, supportive, and objective. You will also be given training and support to help you succeed with the mentorship. Immediately, you will help reduce the amount of isolation that many of the adults feel. These powerful relationships help reduce homelessness rates in Indianapolis, future crimes, and parole violations. Please watch our short video to see the power of these relationships: https://vimeo.com/111005408
In addition by attending our events & fundraisers, you will network others just like you who share a passion to help others in need. What to do Next? Fill out a volunteer application to mentor and come to a training session. Training session dates and time are posted on our website at http://trustedmentors.org/training-calendar/. Also you may contact us at email@example.com or call us at (317)985-5041 for more information.
Support. Stabilize. Succeed
- Relationship Building
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Counseling / Mental Health
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 6 Hours a month for twelve months
- Fill Out an application at www.trustedmentors.org
- Become a Homelessness Prevention...
- Mentor an Adolescent Aging out...
- Support an Ex-Offender's Second...
- Mentors - Stick around when...
- Be the Bridge for those in...
- Mentor At Risk Young Adults
- Mentor a comrade in need
- You can Make a World of...
- Mentoring Decreases Recidivism
- Spark the Light in a Person in...
- 10 mentors - 10 people willing...
- Life is tough without a Mentor