The Area Agency on Aging, Region One, Inc. is seeking volunteer Ombudsmen to serve as advocates for the residents of long-term care facilities in Maricopa County. As a volunteer you will help to ensure that residents achieve the best possible quality of life and care in Arizona's long-term care facilities.
Upon completion of a comprehensive training, volunteers:
- become certified Arizona State Ombudsmen,
- meet up with an Ombudsman mentor who will provide them in-the-field training and ongoing support,
- attend quartlerly training meetings,
- are invited to participate in non-training, social events with other volunteers and ombudsman staff,
- and are asked to visit with residents of their assigned facility about 8 hours a month.
Please consider making a difference in the lives of Arizona's elders an become a Long-Term Care Ombudsman!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training