Gentiva Hospice is looking for pet owners who would like to share the joy of their pet with patients who have a terminal illnesses. Most agree the unconditional love of an animal can warm a heart and inspire the spirit. We are interested in having volunteers share that love with our patients. Pets must be pet therapy graduates, up to date on shots, and be able to prove both. We will work with your schedule! Please call or e-mail for more information. If you need more info regarding how to have your dog certified, please check website for West Mich Therapy Dogs. In order to volunteer and visit patients, you must have your own dog who is certified through West Michigan Therapy Dogs, Bright and Beautiful Therapy dogs, or Therapy Dogs International, or other similar certifying body.
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- All hospice volunteers are required by State of Michigan to have a background check an
- Veteran Hospice Volunteers
- Book lovers wanted!
- Volunteer Assistant
- Birthday Buddies
- Knitting companionship
- Friends needed in Lowell,...
- Change a life...by being a...
- Pet Therapy--Bring your best...
- Customer Care support
- Scrappy Sewers needed!
- Compassionate Crafters Wanted!
- Scrapbooking Crafter Organizer
- Compassionate Care calls
- Office Assistant
- Wheelchair Walkers partners...
- Alzheimer fidget board creators
- Create a smile through creative...
- Vigil Volunteers
- Musically inclined? Come join...
- Bereavement/Grief Companion