- Assist with preparation of organizational communication - email blasts, website articles, newsletter, reports, flyers, brochures.
- Assist with identification of local media outlets in order to increase public awareness of Family Tree and its mission (print/electronic media, cable TV/radio)
- Develop PSAs and press releases.
- Participate in bi-weekly Gifts and Community Support team meetings
- Participate in Kaleidoscope meetings/subcommittee meetings to address inclusivity and diversity in the workplace.
- Assist with further research on the uses and applications of social media networks in the service of communication and philanthropy.
- Identify civic clubs, churches, corporations, small and mid-sized businesses and other appropriate venues for public speaking opportunities for Family Tree and assist with management of Speakers Bureau.
- Participate in Family Tree Communications Council.
- Family Tree operations will have the necessary Public Relations support to ensure efficient and timely communication to the community.
- Gift and Community Support staff will increase their capacity to produce quality services for Family Tree employees, Board of Directors and Committees.
- Public Relations Intern role will demonstrate the value of effective volunteer engagement and attract additional volunteers that can help build Family Tree’s capacity.
- This role will help Gift and Community Support staff to fulfill strategic priorities.
Training & Support
- We ask each volunteer to attend the following trainings led by Family Tree experts: Volunteer Orientation, Domestic Violence Symposium, At-Risk Youth, Homelessness 101.
- Communications and PR Intern will have additional training from Gifts and Community Support staff.
- A working knowledge of computers, as well as word processing and database management software.
- Ability to work in a professional office setting and collaborating with staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge of creative software is a plus.
- Learning and demonstrating your skill set for a premier not-for-profit organization in Colorado.
- Work experience to enhance the strength of your resume.
- Exposure to relationships Family Tree has in the community and helping to build on them.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Database Administration
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
- Graphic Design / Print
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A 6-month commitment is preferred
- Fatherhood Intern
- Host / Reception Assistant -...
- Administrative & Crisis Support...
- Supervised Visitation...
- Corporate Relations Intern
- House of Hope - Dinner Donor
- House of Hope - Children's...
- Domestic Violence Outreach -...
- House of Hope - Children's Tutor
- Communications and Public...
- Karlis Family Center - Playtime...
- Family Advocate Volunteer