Love books, love kids, we need you!
Volunteers are needed for Open Door Family Medical Centers Reach Out and Read Program.
Statics prove that children read to at an early age are more successful in school. You can help change a child's world by becoming a reading volunteer for Open Door's Reach Out and Read Program.
Volunteers read aloud with one or more children, model reading techniques for parents and have a conversation about the importance of reading with their children.
Our Reach Out and Read Coordinators will train you about working with our families, what books are best by age and more to help you feel ready to make a difference.
- Wonderful flexible volunteer opportunity for everyone who loves to read and work with children.
- We are building our team of daytime volunteers especially and can use your help. If you are recently retired or at home and looking for a little something to do, give us a call.
- Many colleges have approved Reach Out and Read for required course hours.
- We also use after school support as well, so all of you high school students who need community service hours and are reliable, give our rewarding program a try.
Locations: Port Chester, Ossining, Sleepy Hollow and Mt. Kisco, NY
Days/Hours: all business hours
Shift: a shift is 1 hour or longer if desired
Not sure? Come for a Reach Out and Read trial to see if our environment is a good fit for you. Then all volunteers complete a volunteer application and volunteer Orientation.
Open Door Family Medical Centers is a non-profit community-based health organization. We are buliding strong, healthy communities. Join our team!
Contact: Alicia Ward, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 914-502-1468.
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Child Development
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly 1 hour or longer if desired
- Longer shifts are available