Take time to Serve. Change a life!
Become a volunteer tutor, mentor, activity leader with Branches at our Afterschool Enrichment Site.
Work Study/Volunteer Position - Branches Fulford
Working hours will vary:
Monday 3:30 P.M. - 8:00 P.M.
Tuesday 3:30 P.M. - 6:15 P.M.
Wednesday 3:30 P.M. - 8:00 P.M.
Thursday 3:30 P.M. - 6:15 P.M.
Friday 3:30 P.M. - 6:15 P.M.
Duties include tutoring elementary, middle, and high school students, individually or in small groups in reading, writing, and/or math; reviewing students' work and offering constructive criticism; helping with homework; being a mentor and positive role model.
1. Works with an assigned student(s) to provide assistance in all academic subjects.
2. Co-lead academic enrichments for student
3. Assists student to complete homework assignments (do not give answers or write the responses for the child.)
4. Review weak areas with the student.
5. Read daily with the student and fill out reading log.
6. Provide positive feedback on the student’s progress and encourage the student.
7. Keeps Program Manager informed of problems, concerns, needs, trends, and unusual activities.
8. Assumes other duties as may be assign by the Program Manager and/or Assistant Manager.
For more information please contact Denise Athis Phone: (305) 442-8306 x2007 | Cell: (754) 333-1668 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.branchesfl.org
- General Education
- Youth Services
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Parental consent is required from the individual to work with youth if Under 18 years of age