Be a Water Advocate! Teach our kids to Conserve!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
81 people are interested
Reclamation’s American River Water Education Center is Seeking Volunteers
The Bureau of Reclamation’s Central California Area Office is looking for volunteers to assist at the American River Water Education Center (ARWEC). Located near Folsom Dam and along the American River bike trail, ARWEC offers an interesting and entertaining way to increase the public’s knowledge of the American River watershed; the water cycle; water management; resource conservation; and the multiple roles, benefits, and history of Folsom Dam, Reservoir, and Powerplant. The center is open to the public Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Volunteer opportunities at ARWEC include:
- Greeting visitors and answering questions in the exhibit center
- Assisting the groundskeeper in maintaining the drought-tolerant garden, a Certified Wildlife Habitat
- Leading hands-on activities with school groups in the schoolhouse, amphitheater, or picnic grounds
- Guiding school groups through the exhibit center or on a hike around Beals Point at Folsom Reservoir.
Interested individuals will interview with the ARWEC Volunteer Coordinator and must pass a background investigation. An orientation in mid September will be scheduled for all new volunteers, followed by 60 days of training and observation of school programs. Although not required, experience in elementary education or interpretation and an interest in water conservation is a plus.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
7785 Folsom Auburn RoadFolsom, CA 95630
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- At least 6 hours per month