The mission of the St. Louis Arc is to empower people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families to lead better lives by providing a lifetime of high-quality services, family supports, and advocacy.
Family Fun Nights are a monthly opportunity for families of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to enjoy family-friendly activities. These opportunities are for families of all ages and abilities to gather together to have fun!
Volunteers are needed to assist with activities, which may range from bingo/games to arts and crafts to movie-watching. Volunteers will also assist with serving food and handling money at the concession stand.
Last Friday of the month, year-round
January 29: BINGO
February 26: Rhythm and Moves
March 25: Spring Planting
April 29: BINGO
May 20 (3rd Friday): Artsy Party
June 24: Backyard Games and Ice cream sundaes
July 29: BINGO
August 26: Summer Fun
September 30: Fall Festival
October 28: BINGO
November: No Event (Happy Thanksgiving!)
December: No Event (Happy Holidays!)
- People Skills
- Special Needs
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours/ month
- Volunteer Application, Background Screening (18+), Reference Form (under 18), Orientation
- Children's Music Therapy
- Strike! Spare! Teen Bowling!
- Teen Meet Up Volunteer
- Help Kids Learn Social Skills...
- Let's Dance! Volunteer with a...
- Strike!! Bowling Volunteer
- Share the Joy of Reading with...
- Social Skill-building for Teens
- Music Moves!
- Kreative Kids Art
- St. Louis Arc - Capable Kids and...
- Social Group Leader for People...
- St. Louis Adventure Meet Up...
- Walking Club!
- Inclusive Cooking Class!
- Awake, Aware, Alive
- Hit the Turf! Soccer Coaches...
- Lead a Social Group for Kids who...
- Family Fun Nights
- The Artist in You!