The mission of the St. Louis Arc is to empower people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families to lead better lives by providing a lifetime of high-quality services, family supports, and advocacy.
Family Fun Nights are a monthly opportunity for families of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to enjoy family-friendly activities. These opportunities are for families of all ages and abilities to gather together to have fun!
Volunteers are needed to assist with activities, which may range from bingo/games to arts and crafts to movie-watching. Volunteers will also assist with serving food and handling money at the concession stand.
Last Friday of the month, year-round
January 27: Bingo Night
February 24: Rhythm and Moves (Karaoke, music therapy, and dancing)
March 31: Spring Planting
April 28: Bingo Night
May: NO EVENT (Memorial Day)
June 30: Backyard Games and Ice cream sundaes
July 28: Bingo Night
August 25: Summer Fun and Art (Magician)
September 29: Fall Festival (Painting/carving pumpkins, leaf art, etc)
October 27: Bingo Night
November: No Event (Happy Thanksgiving!)
December: No Event (Happy Holidays!)
- People Skills
- Special Needs
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours/ month
- Volunteer Application, Background Screening (18+), Reference Form (under 18), Orientation
- Help Maintain A Home!
- Children's Music Therapy
- Strike! Spare! Teen Bowling!
- Teen Meet Up Volunteer
- Let's Dance! Volunteer with a...
- Help Kids Learn Social Skills...
- Strike!! Bowling Volunteer
- Share the Joy of Reading with...
- Social Skill-building for Teens
- Music Moves!
- St. Louis Scene - Weekly Meet Ups!
- 20 Somethings Meet Up Group
- Walking Club!
- Aging With Empowerment
- Inclusive Cooking Class!
- Awake, Aware, & Alive!
- Hit the Turf! Soccer Coaches...
- Lead a Social Group for Kids who...
- Family Fun Nights
- The Artist in You!