An hour a week will change your life!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
66 people are interested
HOMEBOUND MEALS, INC
Helping our community since 1971
501 (c) (3) Non-profit Organization
We are looking for volunteer drivers!
- Deliver hot lunches to folks who are unable to leave their homes.....
primarily seniors and disabled
- All routes are in the Fort Wayne area
- One day a week around the noon hour...... you choose which day M-F
- Less than two hours per week
- No deliveries on holidays or when FWCS closes for weather
- People looking for a rewarding way to give back to the community
- People who would enjoy providing seniors and the disabled a little more
independence in their lives
- By delivering lunches, you help many of our clients stay in their homes instead of moving to assisted living facilities
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Homebound Meals (on Wheels), Inc.
611 West Berry Street, Lower Level, Fort Wayne, IN 46802, US
Mission Statement: To enhance the quality of health and life of the homebound community by the delivery of hot nutritional meals and the visits of the volunteer drivers.
Homebound Meals, Inc. provides hot nutritionally balanced meal to clients in Ft. Wayne, who through age, illness or disabilities are unable to prepare their own meals. HBM provides subsidizes to clients who are unable to pay the full cost of the meals. HBM is the only program in Fort Wayne to provide specialized diets, to deliver to clients younger than 62 years, to deliver hot meals five days a week and to prepare the meals fresh - everyday.
We'll work with your schedule.
Fort Wayne - various pick up locationswithin our communityFort Wayne, IN 46802
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- <2 hours--1 day per week day
- Insurance, A Vehicle, Desire to help