Do you like shopping? The Environmental Nature Center Retail Internship program may be the perfect fit.
We’re looking for motivated volunteers with enthusiasm for retail to help out in our "Nature Gifts" shop. As an ENC intern, you’ll receive mentoring and training in the exciting world of green products - an experience you won’t find in the classroom. During your internship, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Learn from the ENC’s experienced, dedicated staff.
- Gain hands-on experience by selling to and serving our customers.
Position: Retail Intern (up to 20 hours/week with flexible work schedule)
Pay Rate: Unpaid, class credit with school approval.
- Work with Store Manager on pricing and visual merchandising.
- Perform data-entry to ensure accurate inventory numbers.
- Work with the Store Manager in day-to-day operations as well as special projects.
- Miscellaneous duties, which may include product research.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal and customer communication skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills
- Great phone presence
- Computer literate
- Highly detail-oriented
- Dependable and reliable
- Self-starter, very motivated
- Can think critically and thoughtfully to execute project-based assignments
- High school or college student or recent graduate
APPLICATION AND SELECTION INFORMATION
Resumes may be submitted via email: email@example.com. For additional information, please call Lori at (949) 645-8489 ext. 103. Recruitment is ongoing.
The Environmental Nature center will review applications. Applicants with the most pertinent experience, education and training may be invited for an interview.
The Environmental Nature Center is an equal opportunity employer.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours/week or more.