Seeking Knitters to Make Mittens!
Last year, our wonderful Warm Hearts Warm Hands knitters and sewers made more than 1,500 beautiful, warm, hand-made items that were distributed throughout Addison County. Warm hats and mittens were given to local elementary and pre-school children, lap robes and walker bags were provided to nursing home residents, and adorable little hats, booties and baby blankets were delivered to Porter Medical Center to give to parents of newborns. This year, however, we seem to be running short on mittens! We have plenty of patterns and lots of colorful yarn, so please give us a call at 388-7044 if you would like to volunteer your time as a knitter for a good cause. Thank you!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver - Farm Worker Coalition
- Volunteer Handyman
- Facility Maintenance - Senior...
- Entertainers - Senior Care Homes
- Drivers - Senior Care Home
- Cook - Elderly Services
- Driver - Hospice Volunteer...
- Art Gallery Volunteer
- Tax Assistance
- Driver/Server for New Food...
- Special Events Volunteer
- Driver - for Blind and Visually...
- Community Lunch Volunteers
- Friendly Visitor - Elderly...
- Driver - Meals on Wheels
- Administrative Assistant
- After School Support
- Card Players
- Addison County Restorative...
- Exercise Program Leader - Bone...