62 people are interested
Business Coach - English
62 people are interested
Coaches work alongside entrepreneurs in our 8-week Business Development Training classes for six weeks. Coaches help business owners become more familiar with the business concepts they learn in class and guide them in applying those concepts to their specific businesses and situations.
- Attend classes for the first six weeks alongside clients during an 8-week Business Development Training course.
- Work one-to-one and in small groups with clients to apply concepts and lessons to their businesses.
- Participate in large group discussions and assist instructor in explaining key business concepts as needed.
- Keep instructors informed of clients’ progress.
- Experience starting or growing your own business -OR-
- Basic knowledge of at least two key areas of small business development: sales, marketing, finance, and operations.
- Passionate about Ventures’ mission and believe in the abilities and potential of Ventures clients.
- Must be able to suspend judgment and listen deeply. Must be patient and understanding of the many personal and systemic barriers to business-ownership that our clients encounter.
- Experience as a coach, mentor, or similar.
- Volunteer orientation: Monday, January 31, 2021
- Volunteering dates: Thursdays, February 22 - April 12, from 6 - 9 PM (8 weeks)
2100 24th Avenue S., Suite 380, Seattle, WA 98144, US
Ventures empowers individuals with limited resources and unlimited potential to improve their lives through small business ownership.
Ventures is a Seattle-based nonprofit that empowers aspiring entrepreneurs with limited resources--and unlimited potential. We provide access to business training, capital, coaching and hands-on learning opportunities for entrepreneurs.
We serve those in our community for whom traditional business development services are out of reach, with a focus on women, people of color, immigrants, and individuals with low income. Our ultimate goal is to support individuals to increase their income potential, achieve long-term financial stability, and provide for their families, and enrich their communities through small business ownership.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 26, 2021
- Business Development
- Sales Marketing
- Group Facilitation
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer orientation: Monday, January 31, 2021 Volunteering dates: Thursdays, February 22 - April 12, from 6 - 9 PM (8 weeks) (NOTE: Last 2 weeks, April 5 + 12, are optional for volunteers).