Thank you for your interest in Volunteering at Ventures!
To join our list of interested volunteers, please complete all three steps below:
- Fill out our online Volunteer Application (which can be found by visiting http://venturesnonprofit.org/help-invest/volunteer/)
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend the upcoming Volunteer Orientation on September 15th from 6:30 to 7:30pm. If you are interested in working directly with low-income business owners, please plan to stay for a Business Coaches’ Training from 7:30 to 9:00pm. Ventures will send you a reminder and more detailed information about this orientation closer to the date.
Join a community dedicated to empowering small business owners and creating a thriving local economy!
Coaches work alongside entrepreneurs in our 8-week Business Development Training classes. Coaches help business owners become more familiar with the business concepts they learn in class and guide them in applying those concepts to their specific businesses and situations.
- Attend classes alongside clients during an 8-week Business Development Training course.
- Work one-to-one and in small groups with clients to apply concepts and lessons to their businesses.
- Participate in large group discussions and assist instructor in explaining key business concepts as needed.
- Keep instructors informed of clients’ progress.
Approximately 3 hours a week for an 8-week Business Development Training cycle. Most classes meet weekday evenings at Ventures' main office (2100 24th Avenue S. in Seattle). Classes are ocassionally offered at Pike Place Market, Kent, Renton, or Snohomish County. For questions about availability & scheduling, contact Kellie Kinzel at email@example.com.
- Experience starting or growing your own business -OR-
- Basic knowledge of at least two key areas of small business development: sales, marketing, finance, and operations.
- Passionate about Ventures’ mission and believe in the abilities and potential of Ventures clients.
- Must be able to suspend judgment and listen deeply. Must be patient and understanding of the many personal and systemic barriers to business-ownership that our clients encounter.
- Experience as a coach, mentor, or similar.
- Business Development
- Sales Marketing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 3 hours per week
- Business Background