This is an amazing opportunity to help seniors understand their health benefits! SHIBA is a free and impartial health insurance counseling and education program in the state of Washington.
Our volunteers help make sure people have access to health care coverage and prescription drugs. Training is provided so volunteers can successfully assist with all kinds of health insurance problems.
Opportunities include data input/clerical, public speaking and outreach, and specialized counseling (either in-person or by phone). The program is extremely flexible and many counselors work from home.
Volunteers are the backbone of this vital program. It is extremely rewarding to have clients tell you how much they appreciate the time and help you have given them!
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible based on your needs
- 30 hours of training
- Minor Home Repair Health and...
- Become a Grocery Shopping Angel
- Help a Senior Understand Health...
- Speak Korean,Vietnamese, or...
- Volunteer Engagement Lead
- Help Those Living with Chronic...
- Support a Great Mission &...
- Friendly Visitors Needed in...
- Volunteer Repairperson
- Help a Senior Stay Home - Become...
- Administrative/Clerical Support
- More than a Friend: Become a...