StandUp For Kids (SUFK) is a national, all-volunteer organization with active programs in 30 U.S. cities. We help youth who are on their own, having run away from or been kicked out of an unsafe (usually abusive) home. They are trying to restart their lives.
The Silicon Valley has an OUTREACH CENTER where homeless and at risk youth can come to hang out safely, get a hot meal, use computers, take a shower, do laundry, and talk to our volunteer mentors. We also do health education workshops, job training workshops, education services, and fun events. You can make a real difference in these kids' lives by being a caring and trustworthy adult for them.
Various jobs working with youth at our center will include:
- Talking with and mentoring kids in making good life decisions
- Working at the reception desk to register kids, track attendees, and assign daily chores
- Help serving hot meals (prepared by other organizations)
- Monitoring supplies (food, clothing, hygiene) taken by youth
- Completing nightly checklist and closing the center
There will always be at least 3 volunteers on duty together. The center is located downtown at Hedding and First streets. It is open M,T,W, Th, 5 pm - 8:30 pm and Sat 12 pm - 3 pm. If you have 3-4 hours per week, or few days a month, and would like to help us, please email email@example.com. Training will be provided!
- Submit a criminal background check ($18)
- Make a 6-month commitment
- Attend training
- Have a positive attitude and desire to help our team
- Crisis Intervention
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training