Love animals? Become an Animal Care volunteer!
112 people are interested
One 1-3 hour day/week caring for "Animal Ambassadors" of Briar Bush. Volunteers prepare diets, clean enclosures, and other care for our 20+ captive/domesticated animals (turtles, snakes, rats, etc. as well as non-releasable wildlife). Requires highly responsible, caring, and committed volunteers.
- Training provided
- Previous animal experience not required
- Must be comfortable with a wide range of animals including reptiles, small mammals, birds of prey, and insects
- Must be willing to make a long term (6 months+) commitment
- Volunteers over 16 can work independently, those 10-15 must work with an adult
- Flexible time schedule - arrive for 2 hour shift anytime from 9am-3pm
- Note: Availability for specific days of the week varies depending on our ability to fill positions, but all vacancies are weekdays between the hours of 9-5. No weekend opportunities are available at this time.
About Briar Bush Nature Center
1212 Edge Hill Rd, Briar Bush Nature Center, Abington, PA 19001, US
The mission of Briar Bush Nature Center is to inspire people of all ages and backgrounds to explore and protect nature by encouraging curiosity and scientific inquiry.
Briar Bush Nature Center is a 12-acre woodland sanctuary which includes the Dede Long Nature Museum with live animals and exhibits, the Griscom Bird Observatory, a Nature Playscape, seasonal Butterfly House, a pond, and nature trails.
Open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, Saturday 10am-5pm, and Sunday 1pm-5pm. There is a small fee for non-residents of Abington to enter the Museum, all other features are free. The purpose of Briar Bush is to be an example of environmental and land stewardship and inspire the conservationist in everyone. We are the area's "big backyard" nature center, welcoming visitors to a world of wonders.
We'll work with your schedule.
Briar Bush Nature Center1212 Edge Hill RdBriar Bush Nature CenterAbington, PA 19001
- Animal Care / Handling
- Environmental Education
- People 55+
- Must be at least 10
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hours/week
- children 10-15 can volunteer w/ parent/guardian