Love animals? Become an Animal Care volunteer!
86 people are interested
One 2-hour day/week caring for "Animal Ambassadors" of Briar Bush. Volunteers prepare diets, clean enclosures, and other care for our 20+ captive/domesticated animals (turtles, snakes, rats, etc. as well as non-releasable wildlife). Requires highly responsible, caring, and committed volunteers.
- Training provided
- Previous animal experience not required
- Must be comfortable with a wide range of animals including reptiles, small mammals, birds of prey, and insects
- Must be willing to make a long term (6 months+) commitment
- Volunteers over 16 can work independently, those 10-15 must work with an adult
- Flexible time schedule - arrive for 2 hour shift anytime from 9am-3pm
- Note: Availability for specific days of the week varies depending on our ability to fill positions
We'll work with your schedule.
Briar Bush Nature Center1212 Edge Hill RdBriar Bush Nature CenterAbington, PA 19001
- Animal Care / Handling
- Environmental Education
- People 55+
- Must be at least 10
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours/week
- children under 16 can volunteer w/ parent/guardian