DONATE TO THIS
52 people are interested
Placentia Teen Advisory Council
ORGANIZATION: Placentia Library District - Placentia Library District
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
52 people are interested
As a Placentia Teen Advisory Council member you will have an opportunity to give back to your community through a fun, and collaborative experience. As the teen voice for the library and community at large, you will assist with developing and implementing programs which serve local teens. The Placentia Library recognizes its duty in promoting citizenship and literacy and believes that creating a teen-friendly environment is essential in sustaining a healthy, thriving community. To uphold this responsibility the Placentia Teen Advisory Council aims to give the library a new perspective on youth and allowing teens to gain a new perspective on libraries.
Is this position right for you: Do you need community service hours? Do you want to make the library a better place for you and other teens? Do you want to make new friends? Do you like to have fun? If you answered yes to any of these questions then PTAC is perfect for you!
- Work in groups.
- Serve as a PTAC or library ambassador at community events.
- Assist in execution of library or teen events.
- Assist with manual labor such as event set ups and break downs.
- Participate in innovative brainstorming sessions.
- Lead teen event, grant, or local, state, or national competition projects.
- Fund raise
- Earn community service hours.
- Have a direct impact on teen services at the library.
- Gain 21st century business skills.
- Add a competitive extracurricular activity to a work, scholarship, college application, or resume.
- Make new friends.
- Establish a network of college bound students.
- Give back to your community.
- New Volunteer Orientation
- Ongoing support from staff
- Interview with Teen Librarian.
- Participants must be between the ages of 13-17.
- Must be available to attend mandatory meetings on the first and third Thursdays of the month from 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- Demonstrate an outgoing personality.
- Possession of strong communication skills.
- Must enjoy working in a team environment.
- Must be interested in the library and improving library services for teens.
- Must be in good standing with the library.
- Attend meetings on time.
- Sign in and out of meetings to record volunteer hours.
- Participate fully, turn off all electronic devices.
- Respect staff, each other and the space.
- Be a role model at all library functions.
- Be an advocate for the library and promote reading and library use.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Adhere to library Code of Conduct and Volunteer Policy
- Minimum of 6 months.
- Volunteer at minimum, once per month at other library events.
Location: Placentia Library, 411 E. Chapman Ave Placentia CA 92870
Contact: Victor Meza - email@example.com - 714-528-1906 x234
About Placentia Library District - Placentia Library District
411 E. Chapman Ave., Placentia, CA 92870, US
The Vision of the Placentia Library District is to inspire exploration, open minds and bring people together. The Purpose of the Placentia Library District is to provide services and materials to our ever changing and diverse community.
The Placentia Library District seeks to engage the talents, skills and commitment of volunteers to serve the communities' information and literacy needs. Our library offers a variety of skilled volunteer opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to library programs, operations, fundraising events and other community engagement functions. Skilled volunteers have opportunities to lead projects, work with teams of staff and volunteers, learn new skills, and have fun.
The Placentia Library District is very proud of its talented and dedicated volunteers. With the guidance and support of the Library staff, volunteers extend the reach of the Library. We hope you will join us!
Placentia Library District(714)528-1906 ext. 209411 E. Chapman Ave.Placentia, CA 92870
May 18, 2022
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- 6-7:30pm on the 1st & 3rd Tuesday each month
- Must commit to a year, complete P-TAC application and interview.