Teens have a voice @ the Library!
DONATE TO THIS
40 people are interested
As a Placentia Teen Advisory Council member you will have an opportunity to give back to your community through a fun, and collaborative experience. As the teen voice for the library and community at large, you will assist with developing and implementing programs which serve local teens. The Placentia Library recognizes its duty in promoting citizenship and literacy and believes that creating a teen-friendly environment is essential in sustaining a healthy, thriving community. To uphold this responsibility the Placentia Teen Advisory Council aims to give the library a new perspective on youth and allowing teens to gain a new perspective on libraries.
Is this position right for you: Do you need community service hours? Do you want to make the library a better place for you and other teens? Do you want to make new friends? Do you like to have fun? If you answered yes to any of these questions then PTAC is perfect for you!
- Deliver presentations.
- Use various social media outlets, computer software programs, and internet to produce PTAC assignments.
- Work in groups.
- Serve as a PTAC or library ambassador at community events.
- Assist in execution of library or teen events.
- Assist with manual labor such as event set ups and break downs.
- Participate in innovative brainstorming sessions.
- Lead teen event, grant, or local, state, or national competition projects.
- Earn community service hours.
- Have a direct impact on teen services at the library.
- Gain 21 st century business skills.
- Add a competitive extracurricular activity to a work, scholarship, college application, or resume.
- Make new friends.
- Establish a network of college bound students.
- Give back to your community.
- New Volunteer Orientation
- Ongoing support from staff
- Interview with Teen Librarian.
- Participants must be between the ages of 13-17.
- Must be available to attend mandatory meetings on the first and third Thursdays of the month from 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- Demonstrate an outgoing personality.
- Possession of strong communication skills.
- Must enjoy working in a team environment.
- Must be interested in the library and improving library services for teens.
- Must be in good standing with the library.
- Attend meetings on time.
- Sign in and out of meetings to record volunteer hours.
- Participate fully, turn off all electronic devices.
- Respect staff, each other and the space.
- Be a role model at all library functions.
- Be an advocate for the library and promote reading and library use.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Adhere to library Code of Conduct, Volunteer Policy, and PTAC By-Laws.
- Minimum of 6 months.
- Volunteer at minimum, once per month at other library events.
Location: Placentia Teen Center - 116 N. Walnut St. Placentia, CA 92870
Contact: Fernando Maldonado: firstname.lastname@example.org or 714-528-1906 ex 213
We'll work with your schedule.
Placentia Library District(714)528-1906 ext. 209411 E. Chapman Ave.Placentia, CA 92870
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- 6-7:30pm on the 1st & 3rd Tuesday each month
- Must commit to a year, complete P-TAC application and interview.