Assist low and middle income families in the preparation of their income tax. No experience needed. You will be trained and certified to provide tax assistance with our team. Training is January and the bulk of tax prep is from January 22 to April 17 in 2018. English and Spanish speaking volunteer are welcome. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Willing to work with a diverse population. We offer the tax preparation services at our St. Helena and Calistoga sites, at the St. Helena Public Library and at Farmworker housing. Please call and ask for Norma Ferriz for more details (707) 965-5010 email@example.com or register at http://earnitkeepitsaveit.org/volunteer/Choose the New volunteer tab and sign in at Up Valley Family Center - St. Helena (this includes times for St. Helena office and the library) or Calistoga if you prefer that.
The in classroom class January 10, 11 and 12, 9:00 to 4:00 at Napa Valley College in Napa (We will write to all registered volunteers next Monday with the exact location).
* Pass the basic test on law tax knowledge.
* Provide basic tax preparations for those who are eligible.
* Assist tax payer’s with their electronic returns when possible.
* Maintain confidentiality of tax payer’s information.
* Screen and assist clients with intake forms.
* Determine if clients are eligible to receive free tax preparation.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- weekdays 5 to 9, saturday 9 to 1 January to April
- If you know Spanish is a plus, but is not a requirement.