Sustainable Climate and Environmental Internship Richmond VA
79 people are interested
Our methods include education on the science, economics, politics and public awareness surrounding climate change. CCL works by training citizens in the skills needed to affect change. We contact and meet with Congressional leaders, write letters to the editors of national and local newspapers and attend monthly national conference calls. Most importantly we are action oriented. Our goal is to match what scientists tell us we need to do with practical solutions that can be enacted legislatively.
- Assist with scheduling meetings with members of Congress for June appointments.
- Assist with outreach event planning and prospective volunteer follow up. Follow up with calls and emails that explain CCL and steps to be involved and support programs.
- Research national college, business and community organizations to build membership.
- Miscellaneous office duties such as data entry, phone calls and email communications.
- This is an unpaid full semester internship opportunity.
Want to know more? Please join our weekly Informational Session. The next one is on Wednesday at 5:00 p.m. Pacific/6:00 p.m. Mountain/7:00 p.m. Central/8:00 p.m. Eastern. It is a live videoconference, about an hour long, and there will be opportunities to ask questions. Please register for the session at this link so that we can follow up with you: https://citizensclimatelobby.org/join-weekly-intro-call/
We look forward to working with you!
We'll work with your schedule.
International Groups Including RichmondRichmond, VA 23225
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Environmental Policy
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- 4-6 hrs. a month
- Phone number and a good time to call