136 people are interested
Sustainable Climate and Environmental Internship Richmond VA
ORGANIZATION: Citizens' Climate Lobby
Please visit the new page to apply.
136 people are interested
Our methods include education on the science, economics, politics and public awareness surrounding climate change. CCL works by training citizens in the skills needed to affect change. We contact and meet with Congressional leaders, write letters to the editors of national and local newspapers and attend monthly national conference calls. Most importantly we are action oriented. Our goal is to match what scientists tell us we need to do with practical solutions that can be enacted legislatively.
- Assist with scheduling meetings with members of Congress for June appointments.
- Assist with outreach event planning and prospective volunteer follow up. Follow up with calls and emails that explain CCL and steps to be involved and support programs.
- Research national college, business and community organizations to build membership.
- Miscellaneous office duties such as data entry, phone calls and email communications.
- This is an unpaid full semester internship opportunity.
Want to know more? Please join our weekly Informational Session. The next one is on Wednesday at 5:00 p.m. Pacific/6:00 p.m. Mountain/7:00 p.m. Central/8:00 p.m. Eastern. It is a live videoconference, about an hour long, and there will be opportunities to ask questions. Please register for the session at this link so that we can follow up with you: https://citizensclimatelobby.org/join-weekly-intro-call/
We look forward to working with you!
About Citizens' Climate Lobby
1330 Orange Ave #309, Coronado, CA 92118, US
We build political will for a livable world.
CCL empowers everyday people to work with their community and their members of Congress on climate change solutions. Our supporters cover the political spectrum and work in more than 450 local chapters. Together, we’re building support for big solutions to climate change.
At CCL, our volunteers do the most important work of our organization. They make meaningful contributions towards our mission every day. As a volunteer, you’ll have the opportunity to put your unique skills to good use to solving climate change. Our lean staff provides you with the tools, training and organization you’ll need to be a successful climate advocate.
International Groups Including RichmondRichmond, VA 23225
April 7, 2022
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Environmental Policy
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- 4-6 hrs. a month
- Phone number and a good time to call