Vigil Volunteers offer a precious gift in accompanying those who are nearing death and, perhaps, even present at the time of passing.
Join this group of caring, compassionate AseraCare Hospice volunteers that provide a comforting presence to those patients in the final stage of their disease. The goal of the Vigil Volunteer is to ensure that "no patient shall die alone." It is a special privilede to care for people at the end of their lives by providing a comforting and soothing presence.
Interactive Scheduling to ensure timely and smooth vigil visits (an on-call volunteer position).
Free training and vigil materials provided.
Service areas include: Brookfield, Cudahy, Oak Creek, Freedonia, Grafton, Cedarburg, Pewaukee, Sussex, Watertown, Glendale, Milwaukee, Kenosha, Racine, Lake Geneva, Pleasant Prairie, St Francis and more.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- as needed
- Our training comes to you!
- Veterans Visit Veterans - Hospice
- End of Life Hospice Volunteer
- Pet Therapy Volunteers --...
- Hospice Volunteer
- Share a meaningful journey -- be...
- Hospice Vigil Volunteers Needed
- Craft Facilitator - serving the...
- Visiting Pets -- lifting spirits...
- Music Volunteer - Share Your...
- Companion Volunteer - hospice
- COLLEGE STUDENTS -- earn service...