Change a life- Be a Mentor!
Center For Family Services
We are in search of compassionate adults to mentor young people in Camden City with Reach For Success! Reach For Success works with youth ages 8-17 who are involved in the juvenile justice system.
The mentoring program uses adult volunteers who commit to supporting, guiding, and mentoring a young person for a period of at least one year. By becoming part of the social network of adults and community members who care about the youth, the mentor can help youth develop and reach positive academic, career, and personal goals.
- Take the lead in supporting a young person through an ongoing, on-on-one relationship
- Serve as a positive role model
- Build the relationship by planning and participating in activities together
- Strive for mutual respect
- Build self-esteem and motivation
- Help set goals and work toward accomplishing them
- Make a one-year commitment
- Spend a minimum of two hours per week of one-on-one time with a mentee
- Attend an initial training session
- Attend mentor/mentee group events, mentor support groups, and program recognition events
- Be at least 21 years old
- Be interested in working with young people
- Be willing to adhere to all program policies and procedures
- Be willing to complete the application and screening process
- Be dependable and consistent in meeting the time commitments
- Attend major training sessions as scheduled
- Be willing to communicate regularly with the program staff, submit activity information and take constructive feedback regarding mentoring activities
- Not use illicit drugs
- Not use alcohol or controlled substances in an inappropriate manner
- Not be currently in treatment for substance abuse and have a non-addictive period of at least five years
- Not be currently in treatment for a mental disorder or hospitalized for such in the past three years
- Willing listener
- Encouraging and supportive
- Patient and flexible
- Tolerant and respectful of individual differences
- Personal fulfillment through contribution to both community and individuals
- Satisfaction in helping someone mature, progress and achieve goals
- Training sessions and group activities
- Participation in a mentor support group
- Personal ongoing support and supervision to help the match succeed
- Mentee/mentor group activities, complimentary tickets to community events (when available), participant recognition events
Application and Screening Process
- Written application
- Driving Record Check
- Criminal History check: child abuse and neglect registry, sexual offender registry
- Personal Interview
- Provide three personal references
- Attend initial mentor training
For more information, contact the Reach for Success Program Coordinator at
856-379-4611 (Ext. 52005) or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Center For Family Services
584 Benson St., Camden, NJ 19125, US
The mission of Center For Family Services is changing the odds for children and families by providing vision, hope, and strength for a better life through intervention, prevention, and education.
Center for Family Services, Inc. (CFS) is a nonprofit human services agency with more than 90 years of experience serving youth and families in southern New Jersey. Our vision is for all people to lead capable, responsible, fulfilled lives in strong families and healthy communities.
Center For Family Services offers a full range of programs to serve children, youth, and families addressing the needs of the population at every stage of life, from birth to old age.
Each year, Center For Family Services touches the lives of thousands of vulnerable children and families to prevent those at-risk from becoming victims of child abuse or neglect, to provide intervention services when necessary, and to break the cycle.
Our goal is to provide the foundation for a child, an individual, or a family to develop and follow their own best path to a successful, healthy life.