We have multiple volunteer opportunities:
- Office volunteers help with a variety of tasks
- Marketing volunteers help us get the word out about our programs and services
- Our Walk to End Alzheimer's (9/27/14) depends on volunteers with a variety of skills
- Advocates engage in regular communication with your Congressional representative on issues related to Alzheimer's
- Program Committee members help us conduct outreach with physicians's offices, participate in health fairs, give presentations, etc.
- Helpline volunteers speak with persons with dementia and caregivers, listening to their issues and helping to link them with resources (requires 8 hours of training and a minimum 1 year commitment)
- Support group facilitators lead one group per month (requires 8 hours of training and a minimum 1 year commitment)
- Outreach volunteers help us get the word out about our services to faith communities and other groups
- Other opportunities come up throughout the year - let us know if you're interested in volunteering and we'll find the best match with your skills and interests and our current needs
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Sacramento Annual Walk to End...
- Helpline Volunteer
- Health Fair Volunteer
- Former Caregivers to Lead...
- Gain Office Experience!
- Data Entry Volunteer
- Marketing Project - Turn...
- Program Committee
- Longest Day Volunteer Committee
- Team Retention Planning...
- Stanislaus Health Fair Volunteer
- Faith-Based Outreach Coordinator
- Help us defeat Alzheimer's
- Latino Outreach Volunteer
- Sacramento Walk to End...
- Team Recruitment Planning...
- Asian Pacific Islander (API)...
- Support Group Ambassador
- San Joaquin Health Fair Volunteer
- Medical Office Outreach Volunteer