Young Life believes that every kid is valuable to God. Volunteer leaders have the opportunity to not only share this amazing love story with teenagers but also live it out alongside them. Although volunteers come in all ages, ethnicities and backgrounds, they all have one thing in common: a passion for Christ and for kids. Whatever your age or occupation, if you share this love of Christ and desire for kids to know Him, you have what it takes to be a Young Life volunteer leader.
Volunteer leaders are absolutely vital to the mission of Young Life. Without them, there literally would not be Young Life. It is their involvement that allows lives to be changed. Young Life volunteer leaders participate in a full range of activities that help them build these significant relationships with kids. These include:
- Contact Work: Spending unstructured time with teens.
- Club: A weekly meeting with an emphasis on fun, high energy and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Campaigners: A weekly meeting where teenagers look at the Bible to learn more about God.
- Camp: Weekend or weeklong trips at Young Life’s pristine facilities where we promise kids the best time of their lives.
Young Life leaders are reaching a diverse group of high school students that live and attend school on the North side of the city.
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Relationship Building
- Faith-based Leadership
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 hours a week, summer camp
- Love Jesus and Love Teens