Help promote a green, sustainable culture - Join The RE Store!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
23 people are interested
The RE Store is an Environmental non-profit with a mission to divert useable items from the waste-stream and keep them in use. We are seeking to fill several positions with volunteers who will actively support our mission. All positions are subject to an application process. All volunteers will receive safety training, are invited to participate in store events, and will receive discounts on purchases. We especially need help on weekends. Retail Assistant: Assist store staff in customer service, loading and unloading materials, cleaning, organizing, repairs and restoration according to ability.
About The RE Store
2309 MERIDIAN ST, BELLINGHAM, WA 98225, US
RE Sources’ mission is to promote sustainable communities through education, advocacy, recycling and the conservation of natural resources.
How do we carry out our mission?
The RE Store has two environmentally-responsible retail stores that sell affordable building materials
- Offering quality alternatives to new products
- Stocking inexpensive, unique items
Examples include cabinets, doors, windows, light fixtures, tubs, sinks, flooring, moulding, hardware, etc...
Our Field Services recover wasted materials for reuse and recycling from Washington State and beyond
- Diverting over 4 million pounds of construction & demolition waste
- Providing quality services and savings for builders, home owners and businesses
We promote a green, sustainable culture
- Encouraging value to be created from waste
- Exposing a wide variety of people to sustainable lifestyle options
Customers save over $1.6 million annually through RE Store purchases
- Our sales totaling over 1.6 million dollars each year are based on items priced at 50% or less than the price of similar new items
- Saving money for our donors on their disposal fees while contributors receive a tax-deductible receipt or a in-store trade credit
Building community by building skills
- Developing individual skills for our 25+ staff on an ongoing basis
- Training people to enter the work force in new ways with our green jobs training program
- Connecting with our communities through workshops, events and our Recycled Art Program.
The RE Store is a leader in the used building materials industry, a valued member of the communities we serve, and a winner of local, state, and national awards.
We'll work with your schedule.
2309 Meridian StreetBellingham, WA 98225
- Customer Service
- Environmental Education
- Community Outreach
- Home Repair
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training