Since 1985, Project Read-Menlo Park (PRMP) has helped more than 2,000 adults improve their reading and writing skills. Literacy Partners is the non-profit arm of PRMP and helps support it in raising awareness of low literacy in our community, and promoting and facilitating adult literacy.
Board Members responsibilities include:
Leadership, Governance, and Oversight
- Be informed of and meet all legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Be familiar with and provide input regarding PRMP's finances, budget, and financial/resource needs
- Monitor the use of funds provided by the Board to support PRMP programs
- Identify, select, orient and train Board members/Evaluate the Board's performance
- Serve on committees/ad hoc work groups, and commit to special assignments as necessary
- Represent PRMP to stakeholders such as donors, volunteers, and learners
- Commit to raising funds to support the work of PRMP
- Make a personally meaningful annual contribution
- Complement the program's resources with professional expertise and contacts
- Serve a three-year term, subject to re-election and resignation
- Attend monthly Board meeting and an annual retreat
- Donor Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week
- 3 year term
- Enjoy books? Help keep your...
- Change a Life - Become a Project...
- Change A Life: Become an English...
- What does the letter "A" have in...
- Teen - T.A.G. - Teen Advisory...
- Donation Magician
- Building Literacy, Building...
- Processing and Mailing Books
- Lead the Conversation! - Become...
- Get Talking! - Become a...
- Decrease the Digital Divide -...
- Are You Interested in Turning...