"Friends & Neighbors Helping Each Other" - become a Volunteer Driver.
17 people are interested
- Using your own vehicle, transport ambulatory and/or wheelchair passengers from their homes to medical, pharmacy and occasionally personal appointments. (Valley Regional Transit handicap accessible vans are available)
- Provide minimal assistance to riders as needed. Service is curb-to-curb. No heavy lifting is required
- Drive safely, obey all traffic laws (including seat belt use) and report emergencies immediately
- Keep accurate records and submit Volunteer Driver’s Monthly Log for mileage reimbursement at the end of each month. (Reimbursement is 56.5 cents per mile from your home.)
- In many instances, the ride you provide may be one of the few times your passenger has outside contact
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Ada CountyCanyon CountyGem CountyMeridian, ID 83642
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 26
- Orientation or Training
- As much or a little as you would like
- An hour a day, an hour a week, or an hour a month