The Friends of the Palo Alto Library's/FOPAL monthly book sales is one of the largest of its kind in the country.
FOPAL Book Sale is the second weekend of every month. The sale uses 65 plus volunteers putting in over 160 hours. The money generated from the sale is donated to the public libraries. To date, FOPAL has donated over 3 million dollars.
Buyers come from hundreds of miles around and even other states. Everyone has a great time and about a quarter million books a year find new readers instead of going into landfill.
For FOPAL's monthly book sale, we need cashiers, floor supervisors, and donation monitors (meet hundreds of fellow bookaholics and experience the Thrill of the Marketplace!) Saturday shifts- 8am- 11am, 11am- 1pm & 1- 4pm. Sunday shifts 11am- 1:30pm & 1:30- 5;00pm.
- Event Management
- Library Sciences
- Retail / Sales
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- 2 hour shift commitment
- LOVE to drive?- Friends of the...
- Book Sales Volunteer Coordinator
- Create your own mini bookstore-...
- Love books & finding treasure?
- Volunteers @ booksales
- Special "Day of Event" Volunteer...
- Are you on-line seller savvy?...
- On Line Book Sale Volunteers
- Book sorting shifts available-
- Supersleuth book researcher
- Feel fulfilled, help with FOPAL...
- Join the ?2nd Friday lunch team?