Fundraising Coordinator - Volunteer Position
The Fundraising Coordinator is an unpaid virtual volunteer position. This role will assist with
fundraising efforts to increase brand awareness and ultimately grow our community of donors. The
objective is to spread our message and encourage our community of supporters to make donations
to Neuro Diverse Living (NDL). Upon Executive Director approval, access may be granted to use any appropriate digital marketing outlets (website, blog, newsletter, press releases, etc.) and/or social media channels to promote active fundraising campaigns, encouraging public support.
This role directly contributes to NDL’s vision and mission to promote social impact to provide safe and sustainable cohousing communities for adults with autism or other intellectual developmental disabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist with the planning and management of NDL's year-long fundraising initiatives.
* Collaborate with staff & other volunteers on #GivingTuesday and year-end fundraising efforts.
* Work with the fundraising team to prospect and solicit major and corporate donors.
* Identify potential business partners as sponsors.
* Help increase communications with supporters and current donors.
* Assist in creating the Neuro Diverse Living annual fundraising plan.
* Contribute creative ideas for new fundraising opportunities.
Skills & Personal Traits
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Outgoing, enthusiastic and creative thinker.
* Ability to build strong relationships with new people, businesses, and organizations.
* Ability to use online tools to engage members, donors, and corporate partners.
* Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills.
* Works well independently and proactively as part of a team.
* Nonprofit fundraising and/or event planning experience.
* Clear understanding of the unique needs of nonprofit organizations.
* Micro influencer with a fundraising portfolio and large social media network is an ideal asset.
About Neuro Diverse Living
196 W Ashland Street, Doylestown, PA 18901, US
Our mission is to offer adults with autism or other intellectual developmental disabilities the opportunity to live as independently as possible by providing safe and secure neuro-inclusive cohousing communities with built-in amenities, meaningful employment opportunities, and natural support systems, and to give their parents and aging caregivers peace of mind that they will never have to worry about their children being alone or isolated.
As parents of adult sons with autism, we know the challenges faced by this population. Our short-term goal is to acquire single-family homes for 3 or more individuals with the appropriate level of individualized support. Our long-term goal is to develop co-housing communities capable of caring for dozens of neurodiverse individuals. In this way, we will provide viable lifelong housing options that address the economic constraints and daily living requirements these individuals face when they are on their own.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 20, 2021
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- This position requires a minimum 3-month commitment for an average of 2-4 hours per week, which will be completed virtually in the Fundraising Volunteer´s own office or home.
- This virtual position provides valuable experience for fundraising management, event planning, marketing, and nonprofit management students. Also suited to individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the nonprofit sector.