Volunteer Job Coach
ORGANIZATION: Butte County Library, Literacy - Chico Branch
Please visit the new page to apply.
REACH Project : Reconnect, Engage Adults Creating Hope
The Butte County Library REACH Project will create accessible resources for workforce development and business start up assistance for Butte County residents, especially those who have been affected by disasters. This project will provide services and content relevant in building confidence, learning resources and knowledge for those who are seeking employment or have a business idea or existing business and need more assistance to achieve their goals.
Position Overview and Impact: The volunteer job center coach will help individuals looking for jobs use technology and resources available through the library to develop tools and information needed for job searching.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn to use laptop or computers (plugging into power source, mouse, etc.)
- Navigating WIFI and internet browsers
- Provide one-on-one assistance to job searching patrons
- Assist customers in using software tools in the job search process (online resume templates). Help them understand the automated process and what is being asked of them by the various sites.
- Assist with online resources: Library website, databases, JobNow, filling out online job applications, creating email addresses, online profiles for job websites, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with patrons of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to mentor patrons to be self-sufficient and resourceful when job seeking
- Digital literacy and computer skills (Microsoft products, keyboarding
- Familiarity with online job searching and employment sites
- Proficient at multitasking
More opportunities with Butte County Library, Literacy - Chico Branch
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Butte County Library, Literacy - Chico Branch
1108 Sherman Ave., Chico, CA 95926, US
The Public Library is dedicated to free and equal access to information, knowledge, independent lifelong learning, cultural enrichment, and the joys of reading for our diverse community.
Public libraries in California seek to engage the talents, skills and commitment of volunteers to serve the communities' information and literacy needs. Libraries offer a variety of skilled volunteer opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to library programs, operations, fundraising events and other community engagement functions. Skilled volunteers have opportunities to lead projects, work with teams of staff and volunteers, learn new skills, and have fun.
Multiple locations Chico, CA 95926
December 14, 2021
- Business Planning
- Business Development
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 2-4 hours weekly