Board Position: Development Director
THE ALEXANDER FOUNDATION
The Alexander Foundation is completely volunteer run. The Board of Directors is a working board, meaning that all organization operations are conducted by the Board and program area committees.
This positions is on the Board of Directors for The Alexander Foundation. T he Development Director spearheads development efforts as The Alexander Foundation continues to grow. The Development Director works closely with the Marketing and Communications Director, Events Director, and the rest of the Board of Directors to develop fundraising goals, strategy, and increase annual foundation revenue.
- Develop and execute The Alexander Foundation’s annual fundraising plan including fundraising goals.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with Mosaic and major donors.
- Develop and maintain processes to manage donor database, data entry, and gift processing.
- Provide support to Board of Directors, Committee Members, and Volunteers in fundraising efforts.
- In partnership with Events Director, coordinate events to support donor relations and development of new donors.
All board members are expected to serve as ambassadors for the organization: articulate The Alexander Foundation's mission, accomplishments, and goals. It is also an expectation that all Board Members fundraise on behalf of The Alexander Foundation: soliciting donations, identify potential sponsors, and networking with donors.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About THE ALEXANDER FOUNDATION
PO BOX 1995, DENVER, CO 80201, US
The Alexander Foundation is a non-profit, 501(c)3, all-volunteer organization whose sole focus is to give back to the LGBTQ+ community of Colorado.
Founded in 1981, The Alexander Foundation is a public, non-profit 501(c)3, philanthropic organization. Through our Community, Catastrophic, and Holiday assistance programs, as well as educational scholarships, the foundation has created a tradition of caring for the LGBT community. For over 35 years, the foundation has provided millions dollars to those in need. Most importantly, such assistance has built a stronger LGBT community, and transformed thousands of lives throughout Colorado.