DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Board of Directors (volunteer)
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Dads MOVE is seeking candidates for our Board of Directors and we would enjoy hearing from you. We are looking for community members who are passionate about Dads MOVE’s mission; To strengthen the father's role in raising children with behavioral health needs through education, peer Support, and Advocacy.; and our vision; The vision of Dads MOVE is to provide every parent/caregiver (especially dads!) that we connect with, the tools, support, and training needed to be fully engaged in the recovery of their children.
Founded in 2011, Dads MOVE started with 6 dedicated fathers who all have children with behavioral health challenges. These fathers all had a passionate belief in strong father involvement in their child’s lives and in the systems that serve them. We have grown from an all-volunteer organization to 4 paid staff (1 FTE, 3 PT), a small office in eastern Washington, and are honored to be the Washington statewide family network for SAMHSA. We have grown from holding an annual Fathers retreat to offering training and support statewide. Dads MOVE has also presented at national conferences and is a close partner with The National Federation of Families.
Our goals in selecting board members are:
- The member will live and or work in Washington State;
- Join us in embracing our accelerated effort to become a more diverse and inclusive organization by bringing an equity lens to all that we do;
- Actively engage in supporting our emerging culture of philanthropy by financially contributing annually, supporting thank you calls, participating in one-on-one donor meetings, and referring prospective contacts to our Development team;
- Bandwidth, we need Board members who have a minimum of 2 hours a week to devote to Dad's MOVE and has internet access with a computer, speakers, and microphone;
- We are seeking Board candidates who represent the diversity of our community. Specifically, we are seeking candidates of color and those representing the LGTBQ communities;
- Experience with fundraising or marketing is needed;
- Experience with volunteering and or prior board volunteer work is a bonus.
About DADS MOVE
PO BOX 950, TACOMA, WA 98401, US
To strengthen the fathers role in raising children with behavioral health needs through education, peer Support and Advocacy.
Since 2011 Dads MOVE has sought to help struggling fathers and their families that are raising children with mental health and behavioral disorders. Over the years we have learned how many issues affect these children from trauma to the parent's own mental health.
We are a family-focused, father driven non-profit that serves families raising children with behavioral health concerns. The services we provide families are low to no cost, thanks to grants and our supporters like you. When we charge, we aim to recover our direct costs and we also offer financial assistance. We are committed to removing barriers and being an inclusive nonprofit.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 11, 2021
- Family Therapy
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Business Development
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- The time commitment is 2 hours a week on average Board members serve up to 3-year terms and generally spend 5 to 8 hours per month on board and committee business and supporting activities. During these times of distancing, meetings are virtual.
- We are looking for people with backgrounds in organizational change/change management toward diversity, equity and inclusion; law; nonprofit management; mental health, finance; and/or fundraising.