Second Harvest Food Bank Building Food Boxes
Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
Can you spare just 3 hours to help? Volunteers are needed at the Convention Center (parking ticket will be validated for volunteers) to help build food boxes that will be distributed to our partner agencies such as emergency pantries, shelters and food pantries. All of our agencies are seeing a large increase in the number of people that need help due to the pandemic of Covid-19. Building food boxes is one way you can help those in need.
Use our online volunteer calendar to schedule. The direct link to the Convention Center event is:
- Shifts in August are Tues, Wed. & Thursday 8:45 - 11:45 AM and 12:45 - 3:45 afternoon.
- Ages 15-16 can volunteer with an adult as this is an off-site event and we do not have forklifts we are using at the Convention Center.
- Masks are required during the volunteer shift. If you do not have one, one will be provided to you.
- Wear closed-toe shoes and comfortable clothing. Shorts are fine.
- Volunteer verification will be given if you need volunteer hours for school or an organization (no court ordered community service)
- Please come ready to build boxes as we like to start right on time.
- This event is held at the Convention Center (not our warehouse) Park at the Nascar Parking Garage and your parking ticket will be validated.
- Questions or need help signing up? please contact SHFB volunteer coordinator at email@example.com
About Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina
500-B Spratt Street, Charlotte, NC 28206, US
Feed hungry people by soliciting and distributing food and other grocery products through partner agencies. Educate people in the community about the nature of and solutions to problems of hunger.
Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina serves 19 counties in the Metrolina area. We help over 700 hunger-fighting agencies get food to serve to needy people. Over 200 of our agencies are in Mecklenburg county. Our warehouse runs 6 days a week to get out thousands of pounds of food a week. Last year, we distributed 50 million pounds of food to our partner agencies!