Working Cat Program Manager
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it! As a Working Cat Program Manager, you'll help implement and manage a new innovative program to increase feline life saving in North Texas.
Team: Animal Operations
Reports to: VP of Animal Operations
Works with: This opportunity would involve interaction with the general public, shelter staff, Rescue team, Transport Team, TNR (Trap, Neuter, Return) team, Adoption team, Marketing team, Potential Adopters/Businesses and other members of Dallas Pets Alive! (DPA) leadership.
- Developing and managing an innovative working cat program to increase local shelter live release rate of feral cats by facilitating adoptions into working environments such as barns, bars, breweries and other interested businesses
- Developing process, communication and tracking routines for program
- Assisting with market research and supporting marketing team as needed
- Supporting all aspects of moving cats from shelters into new adoptive environments
- Following up with feral cat adopters in order to answer questions, provide support and measure program success
- Assisting with any other duties needed to help drive Dallas Pets Alive!’s mission and support our values
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Willingness and ability to educate the public about feral cats and their benefits
- Ability to be creative and think outside of the box
- Possess excellent customer service and follow-through skills
- Willing to transport cats and/or coordinate transportation with Transport team as needed
- Ability to work independently and be punctual to meetings and deadlines
- Google Drive experience preferred but not required
- Feline or general rescue experience helpful but not required
- Ability to lead other program volunteers as program grows
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
Time Commitment: 10-20 hours per week
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 Preston Road Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in Dallas after studying the best practices of other cities (most notably Austin, Texas). We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter.
In our rescue program, we do not duplicate work of other agencies. We focus solely on the pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Customer Service
- Program Management
- Animal Care / Handling
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- 10-20 hours per week.