Volunteer Advisory Board member - Ohio
As a nonprofit we are constantly looking to increase the outreach we have in the community. And this is where you come in! We are looking for committed Advisory Board member(s) with the knowledge and expertise on the performing arts and/or visual arts. Your primary roles would be:
- Build-upon existing 2019/2020 program schedule.
- Build-upon existing art showcase processes and design.
- Update application / scoring process for the art showcase into the future.
- Assist with venue selection for activities and the art showcase.
- Refer and/or secure professional artists who are willing to mentor K12 students in their chosen category.
- Appoint Adjudication panel for the final showcase - May 2020.
- Promote the Battle of the Teal 4EDU program and showcase
- Evaluate and recommend ways to access K12 students
- Recommend other like-minded organizations who can assist with some of the art activities.
- Refer others to be elected to AB and/or Committees.
About the programiN Education’s Battle of the Teal - 4EDU is an annual, action-packed art program that showcases the hard work and dedication of visual and performing artists. As an outcome of our year-round promotion of the arts, this program builds a platform for young, emerging artists who wish to develop in the arts of their selected form, boost their confidence levels, and experience what it’s like to present their masterpieces and/or themselves in front of a live audience!
About iN Education, Inc.
3867 WEST MARKET STREET, AKRON, OH 44333, US
iN Education’s mission is to teach our youth the transferable skills necessary for success in the workforce; provide the necessary guidance and resources to achieve higher levels of education emphasize the importance of continuing education; and highlight the connection between education and individual creativity. We achieve this by offering career awareness/training programs, art focused activities and events, along with our original e-publications on educational topics.
Education is the foundation of a generation’s ability to survive and thrive in the future. Each generation faces new challenges and our education system must continually engage, motivate and stimulate our students in being properly prepared to meet those challenges. The next generation of aspiring leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs will be leading a far more complicated diverse people who are well-informed yet unprepared. It’s imperative to influence and shape newer generations for a better future.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- 5 hours / week
- To be determined on case by case basis