DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As a Transport Partner Admin, you will make sure that all of the forms and animal information for each transported animal are organized, updated, and sent to the partner rescue organization!
Department and/or Team: Transport
Reports to: the Transport Director, Transport Assistant Director, the VP of Animal Operations, and the Executive Director
Works with: Other members of the transport team, and external partner rescues other than DPA will require continuous interaction over the phone or otherwise virtually.
- Confirming that partner agreement between DPA and partner rescue has been signed by DPA at Assistant Director level or above
- When the transport date is set, creating animal-specific folders that are shared with the correct transport partner
- Coordinating with other areas as needed to ensure all necessary information (medical invoices/info, pictures, profiles) is included in a folder and ShelterLuv for review by the partner
- Processing transports as requested out of ShelterLuv once the animal has been transported and all records received
- Sending out transport prep reminder emails
- Assist with keeping track of animals offered/tagged, updating transport excel workbook and making sure all animals are on track for transport
- Assisting with any other duties needed to help drive Dallas Pets Alive!’s mission and support our values
- HS diploma/equivalent and some related animal/rescue group experience
- Understanding (or willingness to learn about) DPA as an organization, our partnership with Dallas, and the importance of transfer partnerships
- High attention to detail and ability to follow through on projects
- Ability to work virtually (email, access to Google Drive, and ShelterLuv.com). A flexible schedule
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare.
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
Time Commitment: 2-4 hours per week
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 Preston Road Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in Dallas after studying the best practices of other cities (most notably Austin, Texas). We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter.
In our rescue program, we do not duplicate work of other agencies. We focus solely on the pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Administrative Support
- Verbal / Written Communication