Assistant Director of Recruitment
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As the Assistant Director of Recruitment, you'll have the opportunity to lead DPA’s efforts in recruiting fantastic volunteers who can support the growth of our organization.
Reports to: The Volunteer Director and subsequently the VP of Admin and the Executive Director.
Works with: This position will be in frequent contact with the Leadership Team, work closely with the Assistant Director of Onboarding and their team, oversee the Recruitment Coordinators, and maintain an ongoing interaction with applicants, outside organizations and DPA supporters.
- Developing new strategies for recruiting volunteers and taking a proactive approach to recruitment, finding ways to innovate and improve our process.
- Overseeing a process of continuous follow-up with DPA leadership to ensure understanding of recruiting needs and priorities.
- Overseeing Recruitment Coordinator volunteers who manage the current list of volunteer needs, post to external websites, and ensure all positions have corresponding job descriptions in a consistent format.
- Designing and maintaining an effective process for volunteer application follow-up and overseeing the team reviewing and processing applications and interviews.
- Maintaining a list of sources for recruitment of volunteers (adoption events, VolunteerMatch, LinkedIn, etc.) and researching new sources to add.
- Presenting to groups and organizations about DPA's open positions, mission, and opportunities.
- Collaborating with the Assistant Director of Onboarding to represent the Volunteer Director in his or her absence.
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare.
- Must live in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
- Experience with a strategic volunteer management/recruitment role or talent sourcing in either a paid or highly responsible volunteer position.
- Ability and willingness to successfully collaborate with other team members with a variety of management styles and personalities.
- Must have a high school diploma or higher degree of education.
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times.
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent DPA in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public.
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner.
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare.
Time Commitment: 15-20 hours per week (likely to decrease over time).
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 Preston Road Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in Dallas after studying the best practices of other cities (most notably Austin, Texas). We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter.
In our rescue program, we do not duplicate work of other agencies. We focus solely on the pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Animal Care / Handling
- People Skills