Assistant Director of Onboarding
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As the Volunteer Assistant Director over Onboarding, you'll lead Dallas Pets Alive (DPA) efforts in onboarding and retaining new volunteers and connecting them with teams that best fit the skill set and desired area of service, to support DPA’s continued growth and volunteer needs.
Team: Volunteer Team
Reports to: Volunteer Director, Vice President of Administration
Works with: DPA Leadership Team, volunteer applicants
- Oversee volunteer coordinators and application follow-up process and ensure application follow up is done in a timely manner, interviews are being conducted timely, and applicants are successfully forwarded to the appropriate area
- Maintain up to date Volunteer Handbook and onboarding process for Leadership Team
- Ensure volunteers are added to the appropriate database with applicable information and keep database current as to volunteer status and personal information
- Seek and act upon feedback from directors and other area leaders regarding the onboarding process and successful placement of new volunteers
- Seek feedback from volunteers through assessments and exit interviews
- Participate in the process of organizing regular volunteer orientation/onboarding sessions
- Coordinate retention programs and events to ensure volunteers feel valued and appreciated
- Represent Volunteer Director in his or her absence
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
- Must possess good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to successfully collaborate with other team members with a variety of management styles and personalities
- Must possess excellent people-management abilities
- Must have HS diploma or higher degree of education
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
Time Commitment: 15-20 hours per week
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 Preston Road Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in Dallas after studying the best practices of other cities (most notably Austin, Texas). We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter.
In our rescue program, we do not duplicate work of other agencies. We focus solely on the pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Animal Care / Handling
- People Skills