Volunteer at JA in a Day! @ Pat A. Diskin Elementary
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
Junior Achievement's goal is to prepare young people by teaching financial literacy giving them the tools to be successful in life.
We welcome everyone to volunteer with us, you have to complete the volunteer training prior to the day of service.
We train all volunteers prior to your scheduled volunteer date!
As a volunteer you will be teaching 5 activity-based lessons in one day to the same class on Wednesday, May 1st, 2019, approximately 7:30 am to 2:00 pm.
All lessons and activities are provided with step by step instructions.
Junior Achievement’s programs bring volunteers from the community to inspire young people to dream big and reach their potential. Classroom volunteers will teach 5 activity based 30-45 minute lessons on how to be smart with their money and how to think like entrepreneurs and how to get ready for the workforce.
Junior Achievement will teach you how to prepare for your lessons along with class management to ensure a positive classroom experience.
- Five Lesson Program taught all in one day
- 30 minute a lesson for Kindergarten & 1 st grade
- 45 minute a lesson for 2nd grade through 5th grade
Kindergarten "Ourselves" introduces making choices on saving, sharing and giving.
1st grade "Our Families" discusses the role of families in the local economy. Along with needs and wants.
2nd grade "Our Community" examines responsibilities and economic opportunities available in a community. Learning about taxes and voting.
3rd grade "Our City" considers economic development, local businesses, and career opportunities. Learn about city zoning and starting a business plan to open a restaurant.
4th grade "Our Region" features how entrepreneurs use resources in their region to sell their services or goods to their customers.
5th grade "Our Nation" learn about Human, Natural and Capital resources, resumes and mock interviews. Along with U.S. business operations and economic issues.
We need 10 more volunteers, sign up today!
4220 Ravenwood Dr.Las Vegas, NV 89147
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- It's from 8:30 am - 3:15 pm. However, it's based on the speed of volunteer teaching. Volunteers that organize their kits with the games and activities well ahead of time tend to finish earlier and then they have completed their volunteer opportunity.
- A want versus a need. How to balance a checkbook. Don't you wish that someone had taught you those things as you were growing up? Now there is someone. YOU. All we need is your enthusiasm, life experience, and a willingness to teach children.