Host an international exchange student & open your heart and home!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Open your heart and home to an international exchange student, and you'll make a young person's dream of studying in the U.S. a reality!
In return for hosting, families learn about a different culture, enjoy lifelong friendships with students, fulfill the dream of a young person, and become global ambassadors in their own communities!
CIEE, the world leader in international exchange, is looking for families in the Denver metro area to host one of our international high school students for one or two semesters during the upcoming school year. Host families come in all shapes and sizes -- kids, no kids, empty nesters, single parents, etc.
CIEE Host Families:
- Accept a student into their home as a part of their family for one or two semesters.
- Provide a bed and room (student can share a room with a host sibling of the same gender).
- Share 3 meals a day (other meals or school lunches are student's responsibility).
- Receive local and regional support 24/7 from well-trained staff and local volunteers.
- Can apply for a $50 per month deduction on their federal income taxes.
- Are between the ages of 15 and 18 (Grades 10-12).
- Well screened and thoroughly tested.
- Speak English.
- Have access to their own spending money.
- Have health insurance coverage through CIEE.
Becoming a CIEE host family is an experience of mutual discovery. When you give an international student the opportunity to explore American culture through your eyes, you’ll discover a new culture as well, by experiencing new values, traditions, languages and foods.
For more information about becoming a host family, visit http://www.ciee.org/highschool
Or, you can start a host family application at any time, by going to our application page: http://www.ciee.org/hostapply
Founded in 1947, CIEE is a non-profit organization specializing in international work and education. Our mission is "to help people gain understanding, acquire knowledge and develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world." With over 65 years of experience in international education, CIEE is the largest and longest running sponsor of exchange programs in the U.S.
We'll work with your schedule.
Salt Lake City AreaSalt Lake City, UT 84150
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 months (Fall semester, Spring semester, Both)
- One bed (room can be shared), school transportation (can include school bus, walking, carpool), basic groceries for meals.